The Autoimmune Paleo (AIP) Diet is based on the lifestyle of our ancestors.
Our ancestors understood the importance of caring for our bodies and viewing food as medicine. The AIP diet is based on this knowledge. It can help us regain balance and reduce autoimmune diseases and related symptoms. Let's learn from our ancestors and use their knowledge to improve our health.
The origin of the autoimmune paleo diet is that our ancestors followed a food they could find in nature, such as wild meat, fish, shellfish, vegetables, and fruits. This diet was rich in nutrients, low in processed foods, and free from chemicals and artificial additives.
In contrast to our ancestors, we now consume processed foods filled with preservatives, artificial colors, and flavors. Additionally, we often eat grains and dairy products that are not well tolerated by our bodies and can lead to inflammation, vague symptoms, and the development of autoimmune diseases.
The AIP diet is not only based on the food of our ancestors but also on their lifestyle. Our ancestors had a more active lifestyle and were more connected to nature than we are today. The AIP diet also encourages more movement and enjoying nature. Following the AIP diet can help reduce autoimmune diseases and improve our overall health. By eating food our bodies recognize and respond well to, we can feel more energetic and experience better mental clarity.
While the autoimmune paleo diet (AIP) is a relatively recent concept, we can imagine that our ancestors had a dietary pattern that closely resembled the AIP diet. Here are some benefits our ancestors experienced from eating an AIP-like diet:
- Reduces inflammation: Many foods we consume today, such as processed foods, sugars, and grains, can cause inflammation in the body. Our ancestors primarily ate naturally anti-inflammatory foods like fresh meat, wild fish, and unprocessed vegetables. The AIP diet also emphasizes avoiding foods that can cause inflammation and introduces foods that can reduce inflammation, such as vegetables, fruits, meat, and healthy fats. This can help reduce inflammation and contribute to better overall health.
- Improved mental health: The AIP-like diet can help reduce inflammation and stress in the body, leading to improved mental health and a reduced danger of conditions like depression and anxiety.
- Increased energy and vitality: Our ancestors often had to travel long distances to obtain food and had other tasks, such as gathering wood and building shelters. Eating an AIP-like diet can help increase energy levels and contribute to better physical performance.
- Improved digestion: Our ancestors didn't have access to the processed foods we consume today. They primarily ate unprocessed, natural foods that are easier for our bodies to digest. The AIP diet emphasizes eliminating processed foods, grains, dairy, and legumes. Instead, it introduces vegetables, fruits, fish, meat, and healthy fats. This can help improve digestion and reduce issues like bloating, constipation, and diarrhea.
- Increased nutritional value: Our ancestors ate a much wider variety of foods than most people do today. The AIP diet also encourages consuming a wide range of foods, such as vegetables, fruits, fish, meat, and healthy fats, allowing the body to benefit from essential nutrients. This can help improve overall health and contribute to better nutrient absorption in the body.
Our ancestors knew it was essential to care for our bodies and see food as medicine. The AIP diet is based on this knowledge and can help us regain balance and reduce autoimmune diseases. Let's learn from our ancestors and use their knowledge to improve our health.
"Happiness is in your health." Always listen to your body.